Ликино-Дулево

Объявление

Ковка Ликино-Дулево

Фильмы онлайн

Форум города Ликино-Дулёво -

Форум для хороших людей!

Ликино-Дулёво, а где это? - узнай здесь, кратко о городе. Впервые на форуме, есть вопросы, спроси - тут. Нужен короткий номерок ICQ - сюда. Есть мысль сделать форум интереснее? - поделись с нами. Попробуй свои силы - стань модератором форума! Не понравилось оформление форума выбери свой стиль.

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Ликино-Дулево » Пообщаемся?!! » Speaking English

Speaking English

Сообщений 1 страница 8 из 8

Does anybody speak English on this forum? How about practising it right here? Let's speak about the weather, for example (a typical English theme for talking :) ). Let somebody who knows English good correct the mistakes.

+1

English men say: "There is no bad weather, there are bad clothes", it means that they like all the seasons, all kinds of weather. :)

They are almost right. This proverb is suitable for Britain because it is never hot there :) . But when it is hot, no clothes can help.

are You were in London?
It is magnificent city!
London draws people from all over the world. Some come on business, some come to study, to work or on holiday;
My friend 5 years studies there. His name is Slepcov Roman :cool:, Whether you know it? :)

Отредактировано Cantona (2007-06-03 21:32:00)

By the way, you have begun it an excellent theme,
Owing to you, I have an opportunity to train my English!

are You were in London?

No, unfortunately, I havent, but I have always dremt to! And have you been there? Then tell something interesting about London! What were your impressions?
If you want to train your English, a good way is reading books in English. You can download them here.

If you don't mind, I will correct some of your mistakes :)

are You were in London?

You should write "Have you been in London?"

My friend 5 years studies there.

You should write "My friend has been studying there for 5 years"

I guess it would be better, if we explained corrections here.
For example:

Gribushkino написал(а):

You should write "Have you been in London?"

because you connect the action in the past with the current state + you are interested in the result of the action.
In addition, it's a fixed expression (for case when you want to know how many times somebody has been in some place).

Gribushkino написал(а):

You should write "My friend has been studying there for 5 years"

because you connect the action in the past with the current state + you appointed out duration of the action.
Your friend began study in the past and it hasn't been finished, has it? For such cases we use the Perfect tenses.
Further, as a rule, the preposition "for" is used with Present Perfect Continious (but there are rare exeptions for this rule).

+1

Of course, it would be better, but explaining corrections is much more difficult then just correcting mistakes :) .

Вы здесь » Ликино-Дулево » Пообщаемся?!! » Speaking English